THE Bay


 I awoke to bright sunshine shimmering off the calm waters of Penobscot Bay. The clock read 4:58 a.m. I had forgotten how dawn comes early on the coast of Maine in July.
Sliding quietly out of bed into well worn shorts and t-shirt, flip flops waiting for my feet to navigate the aged wood floors of what would be our seaside home for the next month. The squeaks would become familiar and welcomed. I stepped out onto the front porch that overlooked Belfast Bay, straight ahead, no more than three football fields, stood the ever present monument that lets all seafarers know that the harbor is near.  The salty air kissed my skin and the pungent smells of seaweed at low tide filled my memories.  The peace and joy of being where you really want to be hugged my heart...

More coming soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Point of View...Trans in Sports

THE document...

And The Beat Goes On...