Why Geer...
We all have stories because we are all shaped to some degree by the people and events we have experienced throughout our lives. I enjoy watching people and am drawn to their faces and their hands and always wonder what their story is. We at some point have hopes and dreams. Emotionally healthy humans all want the same thing, peace, safety, opportunities, respect and to live on a sustainable planet. This too, I think, is part of the human condition. If this is true and I believe it to be, I ask myself why then is our world so deeply skewed, so intolerant… Again, I find myself looking at the human condition. My thoughts lead me sadly to believe that much of humanity will most likely never be able to value others who they think are different from themselves and that is why I doubt equality will be realized. With that sobering thought I do believe emphatically that it will always be necessary and vitally important for humans to continue to strive, fight, preach, reach and teach towards equality for all. I guess it is true, once a teacher, always a teacher so I will continue to try to remind and awaken people to examine their own intellect and empathy… that speck that I call Geer.
Comments
Post a Comment